Meet the Staff - Brooklyn´s Finest!

Hello! My name is Robert and I´m originally from Brooklyn, NY... is there anywhere better? fugheddaboudit! I joined the Hostal Forestal family while I am studying abroad in Chile for a semester. I´m attending the Universidad Catolica here in Santiago and I’m a big fan of the school’s “Los Cruzados” football team.
Before coming to Chile I lived in Panama for three years as a US Peace Corps volunteer. During my time there I worked with a microfinance cooperative, taught Junior Achievement classes and rode a bull during my town´s patronales festival. The best part of Panama however was carnival, its not just Rio de Janeiro and New Orleans that know how to have fun!
In Santiago, my favorite things to do are: hit up the “Miercolos po” party that happens every Wednesday, catch up on some American sports at the California Cantina Bar, and of course, enjoy some delicious thin crust pizza and a cold beer at the Fabrica de Pizza restaurant while people watching on Calle Pio Nono. I usually work the night shift so make sure to say hello when you come back from your night out on the town in Santiago!

No comments:

Post a Comment